Potential consignors, please consider the important dates and deadlines prior to registering to consign. The consignor fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Deadline for entering / editing inventory - Saturday April 17 at 9p
Drop-off - Sunday April 18 from 10a to 6p
Team Member Presales - Monday April 19 (entry time varies - see below for specifics)
Consignor Presale - Tuesday April 20 from 9a to 7p
Consignor 50% off Presale - Friday April 23 from 5 to 7p (yes, Friday!!!)
Pick-up - Sunday April 25 from 12 to 4p (***please note - this is different than usual)
Monday April 19 - Team Member presales
3+ shift Team Members with a shift including a Saturday sort shift - 12 to 7p
3+ shift Team Members - 1 to 7p
2-shift Team Members with a Saturday sort shift - 1:30 to 7p
2-shift Team Members - 2 to 7p
1-shift Team Members - 3 to 7p
Tuesday April 20
Consignor Presale - 9a to 7p
Premier Presale ($20 ticket required) - 9a to 7p
"I Can't Wait to Shop" Presale - 3 to 7p - $10 ticket required
Friends of Consignors - 1 to 7p
Wednesday April 21
Paid Presale - $10 fee (at the door)
New Parents and Foster Parents - 9a to 7p
Grandparents - 11a to 7p
Teachers & Other Heroes - 1 to 7p
Previous Clothesline Consignors Presale - 3 to 7p
Special Guest Presale - 5 to 7p
1. Click HERE to register as a Consignor. There is a $10 non-refundable/non-transferrable consignor fee so be sure before you register.
2. Read the list (see below) of accepted/unaccepted items and category limits. We are enforcing our high quality standards and item limits more strictly than before.
3. Enter your items into the online system prior to the deadline. We recommend that you price to sell and that you mark your items to be discounted. This will help increase your sales. Decide whether to mark the item for donation. If ALL of your tags are marked "Donate: Yes" you are eligible to receive half of your consignor fee back through a gift card to the current sale. It also saves you the effort and time of coming back to pick up unsold items and your generosity helps support families in our community.
4. Print your tags on cardstock only (regular paper is not accepted). Any color cardstock is fine.
5. Hang and tag your items - appearance matters so wash, press, and hang neatly. The hanger hook must open to the left (like a question mark) as you are facing the hung item.
6. Schedule an appointment to drop-off your items through the Drop Off link in your seller's account.
7. Consider becoming a Team Member! We need your help and you can earn a higher sales percentage and shop even earlier! See our Team Member page for details!
8. Bring your items and a self-addressed envelope during your scheduled drop-off time.
9. Shop during your early shopping presale!
10. Spread the word through your social media!
11. Check your sales each night through your seller's account.
12. Pick-up any unsold items you are not donating. We typically have checks ready at that time too!
Deciding What to Sell
We accept specific types of clothing and other items according to the upcoming season. ClickHERE to see our list of accepted and unaccepted items. Please comply with our parameters so you don't waste time tagging items that will not be accepted. If you have any questions, please contact us.
It is each consignor's responsibility to check to make sure each of your items has not been recalled. Go to www.recalls.gov/ or the Recall page at www.cpsc.gov for details.
You may consign up to150 items. This is a reduction from our usual limit in order to allow for more room for shoppers to physically distance.
Books The maximum number of books you may consign is 20. The only exception is if you books are marked "Donate: Yes." If your books are marked yes for donation, you may go above the 20 book limit.
Shoes You may consign up to 10 pairs of shoes per gender. Please only bring shoes in excellent condition.
Infant clothing (0-12 months) You may consign up to 20 pieces per gender. Tag the best of your best! We do not sell as much of these tiny sizes, so please price to sell!
Maternity WearYou may bring up to 15 pieces of maternity.
Shoppers are looking for the verybest bargains! We encourage you to price your items to sell! You will sell more and have fewer items to pick-up after the sale!
We strongly recommend that you mark your items to be discounted. Items marked "Discount: Yes" will be sold at 25% off at the end of the sale week and at 50% on the last day(s) of the sale. However, DO NOT set your original price higher assuming it will be sold at the discount. Our full-price days are our biggest sale days and your item may get overlooked if the price is too high.
Consider marking your items for donation! All items marked "Donate: Yes" become property of The Clothesline at the close of the sale. Local charities, including Pass It On, Little Sisters of the Poor, Mercy Mall, Goodwill, Children's Museum of Richmond, churches, and other community organizations benefit from your generosity.
**Consignors who donate all of their unsold items will receive half of their consignor fee back through a gift certificate good for this sale!** Items must all be tagged "Donate: Yes." The consignor must notify The Clothesline prior to the start of the sale. This incentive is not valid for consignors who decide to donate items after the start of the sale.
Again this sale, we will hold a Team Member Appreciation Sale for Team Members during pickup hours only. Team Members will be able to purchase up to 10 items marked "Donate: Yes" for 75%.
You may print your tags in batches as you go, or all at once. The system saves your information automatically. Tags print 8 to a page.
Login to your seller's account and go to Print Tags. Then go to Generate Items List. You will then see your inventory list. Check the items for the tags you want to print. There will then be a link to download the file that has your tags. It's simple!
You must print you tags on cardstock paper (60-67# weight). Do NOT use regular paper.
Please use the "Normal" or "Draft" print setting. The "best" quality print causes barcodes to bleed, making it difficult to scan them. Barcodes should look crisp and clear.
To attach the tag, punch a hole in the top of the tag and use a cable tie, string, or ribbon to attach it through the garment's sewn-in label, a button-hole, or belt loop. Or you may use a safety pin to attach the tag to the right side of the item (as it faces you on the hanger). Please attach the tag to the upper right side or to the garment. Do NOT attach to the bottom hem.